Virtuemart not only looks super-professional, but with all it's features, power and flexibility - it IS super professional and fairly easy to maintain. Unfortunately it is also fairly difficult to setup.
Free, open-source applications are great - but the one crucial feature missing is SUPPORT! Virtuemart's support forums have plenty of desperate-sounding pleas for help that have gone without answers for many months. After all, the developers work for free, so why should they spend their days answering hundreds of Virtuemart support questions?
You may (or may not) get your support questions answered on their Virtuemart support forum. But how long will it take? Will their answers resolve your Virtuemart or Joomla issues? Wouldn't you rather have a Joomla / Virtuemart expert ready and willing to answer your calls and emails with prompt, friendly help?
Purchasing a commercial application will likely result in higher costs and fewer features, since open-source applications typically have the advantage of being written by many more developers than even the largest companies could afford. And when the company goes bust, you're left holding the bag.
I recommend a third option - use the free, open-source application, but pay for professional Joomla or Virtuemart support at least until things are setup and running smoothly and your staff becomes comfortable with the new software. We will support Joomla and VirtueMart (one installation) for your organization and eliminate the headaches and heavy time investment your staff will need to make
This means we will respond to your questions promptly (you even get my cell phone number!) and have access to our premium Help/Tutorial pages for VirtueMart. Support tickets are generally answered within an hour, but we guarantee answers within twelve hours.
VirtueMart support is done via our support ticket system, email, telephone amd even hands-on support. Telephone support is limited to reasonable hours (mostly between 8am and 8pm Central Time).
|Virtuemart Support Plans|
|Time shown is hours. All values are monthly unless noted otherwise.
||Support Tickets /mo
|When quotas are exceeded, discounted rates shall apply.
* "100% Setup" means a fresh install of Virtuemart onto either an existing or new Joomla website including products, if your product data is provided to us in a format compatible with Excel or other acceptable data form and includes all data needed by Virtuemart. Extra charges may apply if your data is not in the correct format, if you have more than ten product categories or more than 300 products. Although most of our Virtuemart setups are completed within one week, we prefer to allow from two to three weeks if product data is involved. Virtuemart setup is restricted to configurations built into the Virtuemart application. If you want something other than one of the built-in options offerred by the default Virtuemart application, custom programming fees will apply.
Our Virtuemart support customers choosing Plan 'D' may choose any Virtuemart-compatible RocketTheme.com design template at no extra charge and will get the benefit of our marketing and search engine optimization experience. If you want help with importing or exporting data, custom programming, etc. - we do offer these services affordably. Please contact us (see Contact page) for a quote.
Please note that our Virtuemart Support plans are nearly the same as our Joomla Support plans. Times shown are maximums per month and are not carried over to the next month. "Hands-on" refers to tasks that may be beyond the user-level of skills, not for doing tasks for the convenience of the user.
Normal rates are $70/hour. When support clients choose to hire us to do custom programming or for extra support time, etc. -
- Plan 'A' customers pay only $60/hr
- Plan 'B' customers pay just $55/hr
- Plan 'C' customers get a $50/hr rate
- Plan 'D' customers pay only $45/hr